Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Truly Blessed but yet sometimes I forget

This morning when I arrived at my in-laws from a rather challenging evening, I was greeted by God's greatest gift to me. My little brown eye beauty met me at the door with hugs, kisses and multiple terms of endearment.  When I sunk into their chair and a half and began to relay to my fil the events of the evening my sweet lovey got up off her papa's lap, came over and covered me with a blanket and told me she would take care of me. I have to admit I almost took her up on it because that little girl is an amazing caregiver but I just told her all I needed was her snuggling and I would be good to go.  Up until this point everything sounds wonderful and bradybunch like, but unfortunately from this point on my sleepiness lead to me being short with my sweet girl. It started with brushing teeth.  Every time I tell her it's time to brush her teeth, she asks me to go into the bathroom with her so that she won't be scared however, my laziness has been ruling out over my mothering skills.  I just don't have the umph to get out of the big comfy chair so I just sit there and tell her that she is a big girl and that she needs to go brush her teeth. Why do I do this? I know in the back of my mind that these moments are going to be gone before I know it and there will come a time when I yearn for her to want me around yet I stay planted in my chair and off she goes sad and let down.  1st failure of the day and its only 7:48. Next comes getting her hair into a bun for princess camp. This is NEVER a fun thing and always ends up with both of us in bad moods. 2nd failure at 7:52. We then leave so we can go to Academy for new ballet shoes before camp. I call her daddy on the way there and did my biggest failure of the day. Since both of us were still in sour moods because of the hair bun issue I said to her dad that we were on our way to princess camp so that Albree could learn to be nice. I then carried on with my conversation for another minute and went to hand the phone to Albree and saw that the angel I was suppose to protect was crying.  3rd Failure at 8:02. My thoughtless words had really hurt her feelings. She wasn't throwing a fit but quietly crying because I had done real damage. I quickly tried to do damage control and explain to her that I was just kidding and I really didn't feel that way. And of course her being the sweet girl she is totally and whole heartedly accepted my apology without an ounce of hesitation. I guess that is the true beauty of a child. All they want is our love and they hold no grudges. This morning made me really think about the fact that I really am blessed. Not only do I get to be a mother, but I get to be a mother to a truly good hearted, wonderful person.  All she wants is my attention and this morning made me realize it is time to put the iphone down and turn the computer off and start making some real memories with my baby girl who will not be a baby much longer.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely one of the best mommies I know! I hope that one day when I have children, I can be at least half as creative and fun and all around great like you are! And like I have said before, your sweet Albree is the most awesome {almost} 5 year old I know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks friend... I appreciate that but I have full confidence you r going to be an amazing mother yourself and your child will be so lucky! I wrote this post just wholeheartedly putting out there how I felt bc all I want to do is make her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Jamiee- this post breaks my heart! I completely agree with Danielle that you are the most amazing moms ever. When I imagine our future family, I can't help but hope that we have the same unbelievable relationship with our child that you have with Albree. Everyone makes mistakes- it's how you make up for them that matters, and it sounds like you hit that mark right on. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete