Friday, September 16, 2011

PTO

I went to my first PTO meeting today.  I'm super excited to start having the opportunity to help out at Albree's school.  I always love participating in projects so I know I will enjoy it but I will probably enjoy it the most because of the whole living vicariously through my daughter thing.  I always craved a sense of normalcy during my childhood and I was always jealous of the other kids who had responsible parents that showed up for school events or could come to class and lend a helping hand.  Luckily I have a work schedule that has allowed me to be off during the week to do those very things.  I'm sure Albree will be happy to have me there but fortunately she will never appreciate it.  I say that because I will do everything in my power to make sure she never longs for her parent's attention or involvement.  I will do everything I can to be there for her whenever she needs me.  Hopefully she needs me for a long time but I know there will come  a time that she doesn't want me around as much so I am trying to soak it all in now while I can.

So I started my first duty as a PTO member by clipping my boxtops for education (this included my unopened boxes as well).  I also am on the popcorn comittee, teacher appreciation week, and candy bar fundraiser.  Let's see if this momentum carries over into the following years.

No comments:

Post a Comment