Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Amazing Years

August 15th marked the 5th year I get to be a mommy to one of the sweetest girls I know.  Albree started the day with a huge surprise.  The day before we took her Nina to the airport so that she could return back to Florida.  However due to a broken engine, Nina got to spend another night in Louisiana.  My wonderful in-laws picked her up from the airport that evening and took her back to their house because I was working.  I went over to their house when I got off and crept in to wake her up.  She was so happy that her mommy was there but she was ecstatic when Nina came around the corner.  The day before, she cried for almost 30 minutes straight because she was sooooo sad her Nina had to leave.  She said she would "give anything in the world" if her Nina could stay.  Well I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways because that little girl got her wish.  I tried to capture the moment when she saw her on my iphone but the pics did not turn out so great, however it will be a moment I will always treasure.




She got to spend the rest of the day playing with her Nina but unfortunately we had to take her to the airport again that afternoon so that she could depart home.  The waterworks began for a second time and I think this time they were slightly more intense because she thought she might be able to bring her back again.  She and I then headed home so she could visit with her daddy for a little while.  She opened up the rest of her presents from us with the help of Gumbeaux.  I had to go nap for a little while because I had to work that evening.  I did however get a chance to bake her a homemade chocolate cake with buttercream icing and pink sugar crystals.  



Her Daddy and I sang her happy birthday and she made her wish.  I'm sure she wished for a new toy or a magical unicorn but I also made a wish for my sweet baby girl.  I wish that she will have a happy and fulfilled life in which she never doubts a single day that I love her more than anything in this world.   She is a complete blessing to me and I can not imagine life without her.  In fact she is my life.  I'm not the same person as I was before I had her.  Before, I was Jamiee but I am happy to be referred to now as Albree's mom!

1 comment: